The History Channel has been the leading destination for informative and entertaining documentaries about history’s most influential events and people for over 20 years.
But is it still possible to watch The History Channel if you’ve cut the cable cord?
Thankfully, yes. There are several live TV streaming services that provide access to The History Channel’s live programming and a vast on-demand library without an expensive cable package.
With the right provider, you can stream acclaimed History Channel shows and specials conveniently without cable.
How to Watch The History Channel Without Cable?
The good news is you can access The History Channel through these streaming platforms:
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV offers The History Channel in its $69.99 per month package with over 75+ live channels. Hulu has apps for streaming devices, smart TVs, game consoles, and mobile devices to watch live or recorded shows.
YouTube TV provides The History Channel in its $64.99 monthly package with 85+ channels. It has unlimited DVR storage to record your favorite History Channel programs like Ancient Aliens, Alone, etc. YouTube TV works across devices.
fuboTV carries The History Channel on its $69.99 per month Pro plan with over 100 channels. fuboTV grants subscribers 250 hours of cloud DVR storage and supports streaming on Roku, Fire TV, mobiles, and more.
Sling TV offers The History Channel on its Sling Blue package for just $35 per month. You can also add channel packs like Lifestyle Extra depending on your interests. The sling supports many streaming device platforms.
For budget-friendly access to The History Channel for just $25 monthly, Philo Live TV is a great option. Philo offers 60+ channels including History and is available on Roku, Fire TV, Android/iOS, and web browsers.
Can I Watch The History Channel on Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, YouTube, or Apple TV?
Yes, you can stream The History Channel using any of these popular streaming media players and smart TV platforms:
- Roku – Access via Hulu, Philo, Sling TV, FuboTV, or YouTube TV apps.
- Fire TV – Find History Channel apps for Hulu, Philo, Sling, FuboTV, and YouTube.
- Chromecast – Cast History Channel from mobile apps.
- Apple TV – Get History Channel apps for Hulu, FuboTV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, or Philo.
- YouTube – YouTube TV offers live History Channel access.
As long as you have the app, streaming the History Channel on your device is simple without a cable subscription.
Most Popular Shows to Stream on The History Channel
The History Channel offers many critically acclaimed documentary series, specials, and reality shows. Here are 5 hit programs you can now watch without cable:
- Alone – Survivalists try to live in remote areas alone with limited gear and filming equipment. Stream past seasons on Hulu.
- American Pickers – Two antique and collectible pickers scour the country for rare treasures. Available on Philo and FuboTV.
- Ancient Aliens – Explores controversial theories about extraterrestrial contact with ancient humans. Watch past episodes on the History Channel app.
- Pawn Stars – Las Vegas pawn shop owners wheel and deal with customers looking to pawn or sell rare items. Stream previous seasons on Hulu.
- Ice Road Truckers – Follows seasonal truck drivers hauling critical loads over frozen lakes and rivers. Stream via Philo.
More Channels for The History Channel Fans
In addition to The History Channel, fans of historical documentaries may enjoy these similar channels available through streaming:
- Discovery Channel – Get more science, nature, and docuseries through Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and more.
- Smithsonian Channel – Air airplane, space, and American history-focused programming without cable.
- A&E – Features reality crime docuseries like 60 Days In and Cold Case Files on streaming.
- PBS – Watch acclaimed PBS historical and science documentaries on demand.
- CuriosityStream – Enjoy commercial-free historical documentaries on this dedicated streaming service.
The History Channel offers informative and engaging documentaries covering world history that cable cutters can still enjoy.
Streaming services such as Philo, Sling TV, fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, and YouTube TV provide live and on-demand access to History Channel content.
For just the cost of the internet and a small monthly fee, viewers can stream popular History Channel shows and specials on various devices without a cable subscription. Cutting the cord does not prevent learning about the past through The History Channel.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How can I watch the History Channel for free?
Ans: You cannot watch the History Channel for free legally without a cable subscription.
Q2.How do I watch History Channel on my smart TV?
Ans: Download the History Channel app on your smart TV or stream through services like Philo or Sling TV.
Q3. Is the History Channel available on YouTube TV?
Ans: Yes, the History Channel is available on YouTube TV.
Q4.Is History Channel on any apps?
Ans: History Channel has its app, and is on live TV streaming apps like Hulu Live and Sling TV.
Q5.Which channel is best for history?
Ans: The History Channel and Smithsonian Channel are two of the best for history programming.